Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tantalizing Treats in Manado

I've had the opportunity to travel around Manado and its surrounding area in North Sulawesi during the early week of May 2010 (after my quick trip to Wakatobi). The main reason for my trip to Manado was of course Bunaken, and the food. Oh, the glory of Manado/Minahasa food. Here's some that I ate at the Bumi Beringin restaurant in Manado, a colonial setting restaurant (almost Peranakan style I assume) which is located in a hill overlooking Manado Bay.

This is the Goropa Woku-woku, which is Goropa Fish cooked in a spicy sauce, and the Nasi Tustus, which is a kind of almost-burnt rice (Indonesians call it kerak nasi) with Cakalang Fish. Yum.


Bumi Beringin Restaurant
Location: Jl. Sam Ratulangi II No.9, Manado, Indonesia. Phone: (62) 431 853535/854747. Opening hours: Mon - Sun, 11:00 - 23:00.

No comments: